Monday, October 20, 2014

Stealing Focus

This last week has been insanely busy. The kids and I have been hanging out a lot with some new friends, which has turned in to a couple of fun mini photo shoots for me. This picture of my sweet daughter is pretty cool to me because the focal point in the picture is actually the flower in front of her face. It was a good exercise in manipulating the focus of the picture using the manual zoom and manual focus while shooting in aperture priority mode. I find it hard to get the same soft bokeh in full manual, partly because I have a kit lens that does not go very low at all in the f stop settings. Something to think about for my Christmas list.

In the meantime though I plan to keep practicing with the lens that I have and the settings available to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment